Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pint-Sized Armour of GOD

I HAVE BOYS. Little boys are loud, wiggly, full of action... and natural little warriors. And I want them outfitted with the armour of God!

Have you seen those "Armour of God" playsets at the Christian bookstores? You know, with the belt, helmet and sword for them to dress up in? Its soooo great. Kids learn so much through play. They love to pretend, and this is a way for them to really bring God's word to life. (Just be careful that your little "warriors" don't use their swords to chop down your fine china :-))

My kids also have a little castle and knight playthingy that they enjoy. If they are going to be roughhousing (and they will), I want them to be roughhousing for God. LOL.

My husband likes to paint, and is very artistic in many ways - so he painted three large canvasses for my boys' room... a helmet, a shield and a sword. And when he is tucking them in bed, he will point to them and ask what each is for. And to my delight, that will spark this great conversation (not that little boys "talk" - its more like excited yelling) about the Lord and how we can stand for Him... how THEY can stand for Him as tiny little men in a great big world.

God is so personal to each one of us. He is closer than our nearest breath. He is just as close and real and wonderful to our small children. Kids may not have big knowledge but they have great faith. Remember, we need to receive the Lord like a little child (with wide-eyed wonder and simple trust).... and let the little children come to him (Luke 18:16-17).

So lets play! Who knows their armour??? (Yes, I'm Canadian - armour is spelled with a "u")

Hmmm.... no one? Ok. Out with the bibles. Look it up. Ephesians 6:14-17 (I like to read 10-18)

"So stand firm. Put the belt of truth around your waist. Put the armor of godliness on your chest. Wear on your feet what will prepare you to tell the good news of peace. Also, pick up the shield of faith. With it you can put out all of the flaming arrows of the evil one. Put on the helmet of salvation. And take the sword of the Holy Spirit. The sword is God's word."

I want to be one of those moms who brings their babies to Jesus to hold and to bless. :-) I'm so thankful that He wants to be the one to work in their hearts. I just have to bring them near. Thank You God. Thank You Jesus.

1 comment:

Perfectlove said...

I love the Art work your Husband made for their room. It looks awsome!

Powered by WebRing.