I was thinking about my children today and what causes them stress. I've come up with a list of do's and don'ts to help parents to keep a child's spirit intact. If you have one to add, please comment and share it with us! So here we go:
- DO set limits for your children and communicate to them your expectations. This will increase their sense of security.
- DO spend scheduled time with your children daily, giving them a chance to unload their burdens.
- DON'T get angry or yell at a child for something he's never been taught. Teach first, discipline later.
- DON'T use sarcasm. They won't get it.
- DO be on time for everything. Children get very anxious having to walk into situations late.
- DON'T discuss your child's progress to their teachers, doctor, etc. (unless it's all good) in front of your child.
- DON'T argue with your spouse in front of your child.
- DO let your children overhear you praying, and see you relying on God at all times.
- DO help them with their homework, and see that it gets done on time.
- DO keep a clean house. House clutter is brain clutter, I always say.
And one more just for good measure: DO rejoice with your children DAILY... for the Lord is good! :-)