Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let your 'yes' be 'yes', and your 'no', 'no'...

My life has been in "overhaul" mode lately. My house is cleaner (nope, I don't have a maid... I wish), I have less "stuff" on my schedule than I've had in years, and I'm finding more time to really concentrate on my priorities. And #1 is definitely to raise my boys to be men of God.

We had a guest speaker at church last week and he was preaching on the book of Matthew, specifically chapter 5 verse 37, "Simply let your 'yes' be 'yes', and your 'no', 'no'."

And my mind went "whoa"...

God wants us to do what we say we are going to do...

- pray when we say we're going to
- read to the kids when we tell them we will
- have longer bible times with our children when we have told God in prayer that that is our intention.
- let our sons eat that "one more chocolate bar" we promised when we were straining to hear the school principal on the phone (eek)
- etc.

"whoa".

So on my new list of "must do's" are these:
1. Snuggle and talk with my boys every night at bedtime.
2. Get up and shower before the children wake on a morning.
3. Have my alone time with God every morning and evening no matter how tired I am (after all, I made time to blog, read a book, put on eyeliner (haha - sometimes) and go shopping).

And I want my sons to know that I am trustworthy.

And I want my sons to learn to be trustworthy too. They learn a LOT from us role models.

And finally, after all is said and done, I want to hear... "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

I have to go... time to tuck my babies in. TTYL!
P.S. Thanks for your prayers yesterday.. I love you guys.

2 comments:

Christina said...

You know, you give me more good stuff to think about... ; ) Thanks again.

Maggie said...

Those are going to become MY goals too! Thanks so much for the inspiration!! =)

Powered by WebRing.