My life has been in "overhaul" mode lately. My house is cleaner (nope, I don't have a maid... I wish), I have less "stuff" on my schedule than I've had in years, and I'm finding more time to really concentrate on my priorities. And #1 is definitely to raise my boys to be men of God.
We had a guest speaker at church last week and he was preaching on the book of Matthew, specifically chapter 5 verse 37, "Simply let your 'yes' be 'yes', and your 'no', 'no'."
And my mind went "whoa"...
God wants us to do what we say we are going to do...
- pray when we say we're going to
- read to the kids when we tell them we will
- have longer bible times with our children when we have told God in prayer that that is our intention.
- let our sons eat that "one more chocolate bar" we promised when we were straining to hear the school principal on the phone (eek)
So on my new list of "must do's" are these:
1. Snuggle and talk with my boys every night at bedtime.
2. Get up and shower before the children wake on a morning.
3. Have my alone time with God every morning and evening no matter how tired I am (after all, I made time to blog, read a book, put on eyeliner (haha - sometimes) and go shopping).
And I want my sons to know that I am trustworthy.
And I want my sons to learn to be trustworthy too. They learn a LOT from us role models.
And finally, after all is said and done, I want to hear... "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
I have to go... time to tuck my babies in. TTYL!
P.S. Thanks for your prayers yesterday.. I love you guys.