Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WHOA.. they were LISTENING!

Have you reached that important milestone in motherhood yet? You know, the moment of dread that washes over you when you realize that your child is LISTENING to everything you say?

Some days it seems like they do not hear a thing, much less anything you want them to, but trust me, their ears are always open. I hope to ensure that this a good thing around my house (God help me please - eek)!

Not too long ago, I had an awesome experience and it went something like this (my kids (then 3 and 4 years old) were playing in their room and didn't know I was overhearing their conversation):

J (lounging on a chair)- "Do you want to go to heaven?"

M (shuffling his feet) - "I don't know. I'm shy of God."

J - "You don't have to be shy of Jesus.... God loves you bud."

M - "Yeah.... (thoughtful pause) Wanna play Sonic the Hedgehog again?"

and the moment passed. But it was an awesome moment.

MOMS... KEEP plugging on. Keep telling them about the Lord. They are listening. Most of the time, its true! Take heart and remember the verse:

"How can they call on him unless they believe in him? How can they believe in him unless they hear about him? How can they hear about him unless someone preaches to them? And how can anyone preach without being sent? It is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:14-15

Praying for you, and your babies. :-) Glad we are journeying together....

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.