Sunday, April 26, 2009

Teaching Kids the News


As a Christian parent, I often find it hard to balance teaching my kids about the real world, and sheltering them from those things they are not ready for. I have found a resource that I think is a great tool for teaching our kids about the world on a level that they can handle. It's called God's World News..... and it's cool!

God's World News is a newspaper/mag prepared in different formats for different age groups. I have young children and I especially like the pre-K to 1st edition. Samples are available on-line to view, and a home subscription is reasonably priced! Editions include activities, etc to allow the kids to not only have fun, but really absorb the lessons learned. Great christian resource!

I highly recommend checking it out here at:


And when you do, let me know what you think!
Do you teach your kids about the real world? Please comment - I'd love to know...
Blessings,
Rachel

1 comment:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Rachel, thank you for the link. I will definitely check this out. I take care of my grandchildren 5 days a week and we are the ones that take them to church and work on putting God in their hearts, so this is going to be so useful! You are a blessing. I'm so glad you stopped by and added yourself. I love how God works in our lives!!!
Blessings to you.

Powered by WebRing.