Monday, June 29, 2009

Learning to Let Go... and let God

I have been in the hospital the last two weeks due to overwhelming depression that started after my baby boy was born. I have had much more time to connect with God without little ones to chase after, and I've been learning a lot.

One of the things that caught my attention (more like ARRESTED my attention... lol) was Ecclesiastes 11:4 - If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done. (TLB)

This verse summarizes my life! And I think this is what has added to my depression, and has been holding me back from really teaching my kids all about the Lord. I can spell it out in 4 terrible letters... F E A R.

I know that I love my children and all that matters to me in this life is seeing them embrace Christ. I also know that I don't truly have control over this, but a great responsibility has been placed on my shoulders none-the-less to teach and pass on the faith. And fear of failure has gripped me.

Thinking about this verse... when will there EVER be perfect conditions for teaching our kids about God? Never mind that the enemy works hard to prevent us from doing our job, what about the everyday challenges of:

toddler tantrums
messes and spills
crying babies
frantic schedules
colds and flus
cooking cooking cooking
cleaning cleaning cleaning
homework
church activities
jobs and businesses
school lunches
etc
etc
etc

BUT this verse encourages me... that things can be done, even amidst the busy family chaos! I need not fear because 2 Peter 1:3 - His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

How awesome! God provides everything we need to do what He wills us to do! That means that whatever He wants us to do... He enables us to do it. Otherwise He wouldn't expect us to do it... if it couldn't be done. Logical! Duh... what was I thinking????

So off I go... to live and to teach my babies about His awesomeness... maybe I'll start with these verses. :-o

:-)
Rachel

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.